B. Solving a Compound Inequality with “OR”
** It’s written like 8 + 2x < 6 OR 3x - 2 > 13
- Solve each inequality.
- The solution must be written with two inequalities connected with “OR”.
- Graph each inequality.
- One of the circles goes on each number in the solution.
- The darkened bar is graphed in the direction indicated by the symbol with the number.
- If the darkened bars are going toward each other, the answer is All Real Numbers, so you would graph a darkened bar over the entire number line.
- If both darkened bars are going to the right, the answer is all number > or ≥ the smallest value.
- If both darkened bars are going to the left, the answer is all number < or ≤ the largest value.