A. Steps for Solving the System Algebraically
- Choose 2 different pairs of equations of the 3 given equations; for example: Eq1 and Eq2 paired with Eq1 and Eq3 OR Eq1 and Eq2 paired with Eq2 and Eq3
- Use the multiplication-addition method to eliminate the same variable in each pair of equations.
- Use the 2 resulting equations to eliminate one of the two remaining variables using the multiplication-addition method. This will result in finding the value of one of the variables.
- Substitute the value found in step 3 into one of the equations with only two variables.
- Now that you know the value of 2 variables, substitute these values into one of the equations with 3 variables to find the value of the third variable.
- List the values in a set of parentheses in alphabetical order (x, y, z) for the answer.